10 golden rules for "A Grade" Research Papers
Research papers are never a piece of cake for someone who takes it serious enough to convey his ideas. A research paper is written after a research and it should convey the results of the research and show where it should be taken from the results. It involves a lot of work than just having an idea to convince your targeted audience to gain fruitful results from your painful research.
In order to have a good research paper developed, you should realize that there are some basic rules to be followed other than having a striking idea. Even if you have a striking idea, its not necessary that your audience understands it the way you want them to, to have the desired results. If you are not able to convey your message clearly, your research, painful writing and other efforts will go in vain. Before you starting your preparations to develop a research paper, it is ideal to understand some of these basic requirements clearly.
Here are ten points for anyone who wishes to write a research paper to ensure an A Grade and his idea conveyed.
1. Understanding your most important objective behind writing a research paper would help you decide, how to go ahead with the actual research. A research paper is written to convince your targeted audience your idea and keep them motivated about its further enhancements. If you understand the purpose of your research paper is simply convey your idea and everything you do is around this very goal.
2. You have a problem and you have an idea. You should not directly go ahead, state the problem and start writing about it, you would rather choose a more reasonable way around it. Analyze your idea, do your research and then start writing.
3. Determine the significance of your idea – you must also understand your idea in relation with its significance if proved. Anything that comes to your mind related to a given problem is not an actual solution, they may be a way to reach an actual solution. So it is vital to identify the significance your idea when compared to its actual implementation. You should be able to see the results if your idea get implemented.
4. Develop an abstract that is short and sweet. An abstract is the shortest way of telling what it is all about. You must get your abstract finished in just three to four sentences while making sure your audience is able to understand the whole picture.
5. A research paper is instructed to follow a specific structure so that the audience understands that each portion is well detailed and to the point. Keeping the structure helps people refer it in future. They will know where to find what they are looking for. They should not have to go to the half paper to find your research paper abstract.
6. How to do a good introduction is always a problem for a starter. Your research paper should simply state the problem and the contributions you made to it. It should be precise enough to understand the significance of your research and help them decide if they need to read through. Remember people appreciate efforts to save their time.
7. When you come to the core part of your research paper, it should be a detailed statement of the problem, your ideas that suggest a solution and details of your idea. This portion should be elaborated as it is the heart of your research paper. You should be able present a good set of details that support your idea.
8. Be cautious to use examples and evidences because that is what people are going to remember and relate to, when your idea is considered. If you want to have an impact on their head, you must stick on to examples. Evidences are also necessary as this is the only way to convince your audience.
9. A research paper is a complete solution to a problem, or at least it tries to be. There should be enough support from your research paper to pave the way for others to take it on from where you stopped it. You must always present related works to the topic you have chosen.
10. There should be a summary that reinstates your idea and its importance to your audience. You may use examples here on how to go ahead from your idea that you have clearly defined and proved.
There are other things which you need to consider when writing a research paper like the writing style, grammar, spelling errors etc. You must also choose to proofread and proofread again.